The firm's Antitrust Section is manned by attorneys and lawyers with a proven track record. Efficiently applying statutes and regulations and our expertise in this area, we provide professional advice on all kinds of complicated antitrust matters.
The section's services are used by major national and European manufacturers, large corporate groups and corporations. Knowledgeable and skilled, the firm's lawyers have made a comprehensive review of the antitrust restrictions in place, successfully litigated for companies or brought about settlements in administrative proceedings.
Our expertise stems from not just successful completion of a number of antitrust projects. Among other things, AGP has been involved in lawmaking and in the activities of Association of Antimonopoly Experts (former Competition Promotion not-for-profit partnership), which works in close coordination with RF FAS [Federal Anti-monopoly Service].
AGP lawyers provide the following services:
Representation in Russian FAS
- During discovery and competition compliance review
- During the drafting and filing of reports to the FAS of Russia about breach of competition law by public authorities and economic agents
- In the context of antitrust proceedings
- In connection with breaches of competition law in trademark registration
- In the context of advertising non-compliance proceedings
- In the context of transaction approval as part of government control of market concentrations
Legal services and advice
- Assessment of legal risks of antitrust non-compliance due to abuse of market power, unfair competition, anti-competitive practices and cartel agreements
- Advice on antitrust compliance in trademark registration and use
- Advice on competition compliance in business practices, management behaviour, contractual arrangements and in-house paperwork
- Review and development of business models and dealings with competitors in light of competition law
- Client support during antitrust reviews
- Appeal to the antitrust authority to protect the client's interests
- Advice on advertising compliance
Major European automobile manufacturers
- Advising and representing the companies in cases on violation of the antimonopoly legislation
- Legal assessment of the terms of dealership contracts and the discount system for antimonopoly compliance
- Legal support for fulfilling antimonopoly agency’s orders, legal assessment of the terms of a dealership contract and clients’ rules on the customer choice
Foreign household electrical appliance manufacturer
- Comprehensive legal support for all aspects of interaction with the Russian Federal Antimonopoly Service (preparing responses to FAS and its territorial agencies’ requests, legal analysis of relations with retailers, criteria and terms for choosing retail networks, and relevant legal advice on antimonopoly regulation)
- Providing workshops and developing antimonopoly compliance guidelines for personnel
BMW Russland Trading and BMW AG
Successfully defended BMW Russland Trading and BMW AG against antimonopoly claims. After more than 6 months’ proceedings, the Russian Federal Antimonopoly Service commission declared there to be no violations in the clients’ actions being reviewed by the commission and, therefore, ruled to dismiss the case.
Filing a complaint with FAS in connection with a violation of antimonopoly law by a government authority.
Major holding companies
Legal support of economic concentration (merger control) transactions, disclosing group entities, and preparing transaction notifications to FAS.