Irina has 15+ years of experience in corporate and competition law, drafting memoranda, contracts, joint operating agreements, instruments of incorporation, shareholders' agreements, sale/purchase contracts and transacting. Within her area of practice, Irina represents and advises AGP's foreign and Russian clients from various business sectors, including smelting, textiles, telecommunications, advertising, food production etc.
Irina is good at managing projects and performs well in a legal team in the following contexts:
- management of formation of subsidiaries and joint ventures of foreign companies in Russia, client representation in negotiations and at the exploratory stages, legal services for newly incorporated companies, organizational advice and legal support for start-ups
- corporate due diligence reviews and legal opinions
- representation and advice on a retainer basis on various legal aspects of the business of Russian and foreign clients, including corporate governance, transaction management and legal support for business operations
- legal support for real estate transactions, advice on matters at issue and management of property purchase/sale/lease contracts
- client representation in enforcement proceedings
- drafting and vetting of memoranda, legal opinions, charters and pre-incorporation agreements, including for foreign incorporators, and various contracts related to various fields of law
Provided transaction support and legal due diligence on Russian assets (13 companies) of a major aluminium group, United Company RUSAL, in the context of equity offerings and depositary receipts. The stock issued was worth over USD2.2bln.
Represented OAO RUSNANO before the FAS [Federal Anti-monopoly Service] of Russia in market concentration matters: drafted petitions and obtained consent to acquisitions of equity in Russian businesses.
Advised and represented on a retainer major foreign companies investing in the Russian market: American Councils, American Express, IBM, Microsoft, and provided legal services to their Russian arms.
Represented a major European food manufacturer in restructuring its interests in Russia.
Represented a foreign investor in a timber mill acquisition.