Business finance features prominently among AGP's areas of focus. With 15 plus years of experience in this field, the firm's lawyers provide legal advice and services for major deals, draft sophisticated project documentation, vet foreign investments for compliance and audit project companies.
The AGP team includes lawyers who specialize in financial regulation and taxation, real estate and development, insurance and M&As. This allows to cover all areas of project financing and recruit key staff as needed for the project.
High-calibre professionals, the AGP lawyers can offer bespoke project-structuring solutions for financing purposes in manufacturing, construction, medicine, energy etc. The section's lawyers can leverage their unique expertise to come up with the best roadmap for contractual performance and risk sharing between the counterparties.
The firm's track record covers project financing schemes involving foreign capital, investment financing and debt restructuring. Certain transactions here are worth in excess of US$300mln.
The firm's services include:
- Full-service support for all business deals, including bank, corporate and cross-border financing, corporate lending, investment projects, mergers and acquisitions, and asset acquisitions and leases
- Legal due diligence, risk analysis and preparation of legal opinions
- Support for loan and debt restructurings and refinancing deals
- Representation of borrowers and creditors throughout the transaction process
- Development of most efficient financing solutions and project structuring based on anticipated cash flows
- Advice on how to attract Russian and foreign direct investment, including the drafting of investment agreements, codes and protocols
- Project advice, including all relevant corporate paperwork, joint venture instruments, host jurisdiction compliance audit and troubleshooting throughout the project life cycle
European Bank of Reconstruction and Development
Legal support of loan transactions and investment projects:
- Logistics center in Moscow
- Real estate development project in St. Petersburg
- Financing of a Urals steel works
- Financing of a cosmetics manufacturer
Overseas Private Investment Corporation
Representation in 13 projects financed with secured loans granted or guaranteed by OPIC.
Real Estate Developer
Representation in a transaction to obtain secured project financing of $345 million for the construction of Moscow City Business Center.
Major investment project operators
Plan development and legal support to restructure and refinance the operators’ corporate debt of more than $300 million.
Magnitogorsk Iron & Steel Works
Representation in a project to obtain a $250 million loan from one of the West’s leading financing institutions.